The Most Commonly Used Beacon Types
You will find many types of Bluetooth beacons in the market. They are available in several sizes and specifications. You can buy beacons according to specific battery performance, use cases, and other requirements. Here are some of the most commonly used beacon types you can find in the market.
1. Standard Beacon – Similar to compact WiFi and perfect for use cases like indoor tracking.
2. Small/Portable Beacon – It is the size of a credit card and an ideal choice for asset tracking and proximity solutions.
3. USB Beacon – It is a small, convenient, and portable beacon device. It is very similar to an ordinary flash drive. You can easily deploy it both indoors and outdoors.
4. Video Beacon BL Device – This beacon device is plugged into a screen’s back. It’s a little device that is suitable for digital signage and contextual videos.
5. AI Beacon – It uses algorithms of machine learning for detecting movements and gestures.
6. Sticker Beacon – It is the smallest beacons type and ideal for use cases, such as asset tracking.
7. Parent Beacon – It resembles a WiFi router. The parent beacon managing BL beacon collects data/information from other devices (beacons). The collected data is moved to other sources, such as cloud storage.
8. Dedicated Beacon – This type of beacon is suitable to track indoor activities. It is also an ideal choice when you need an outdoor beaconfor harsh environments. It is resistant to dust, water, UV, antistatic, etc.
Beacons also come under different specifications according to different application requirements. Therefore, you will have to be extremely careful about the specifications of the beacon before you invest.
The Beacons technology is shaping the digital world towards a new level with its cost-efficient and effective communication features. These small devices have become a great tool to run effective indoor and outdoor marketing campaigns. The best thing about indoor and outdoor beacon technology is that it is highly cost-effective and compatible with millions of electronic devices. All industries, especially retail must take advantage of the beacons by incorporating them into their marketing program.