Banana Pi is an open source hardware platform. The Banana Pi model BPI-M2 Ultra has a quad-core Cortex A7 CPU, an Allwinner R40 chip, and supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
In addition, the Single Board from SinoVoip has a built-in SATA interface. It runs Android, Debian Linux, Ubuntu Linux, the Raspbian image and other operating systems.
The board’s hardware includes: Quad-Core ARM Cortex A7 CPU, 2 GB DDR3 SDRAM, 8 GB eMMC Flash integrated and 1x Gigabit Ethernet port.
It runs smoothly with Android 4.2.2. The Banana Pi BPI-M2 Ultra is just as small as the Banana Pi BPI-M64. The board supports 1080P videos and the GPIO header is pin compatible with Raspberry Pi.
The new BPI-M2 Ultra is a tiny computer with big ambitions.
The expandable single board device runs either Linux or Android and has impressive technical specifications that are leaps and bounds ahead of comparable products.
Highlights include a quad-core ARMv7 processor, a Mali 400 MP2 GPU, 2GB of DDR3 RAM, a microSDXC slot, 8GB of eMMC flash, integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and the board also supports 1080P ultra HD video.
- CPU: Quad-Core Cortex A7
- GPU: Dual-core MALI-400 MP2, 500 MHz, up to 1.1 Gpixel/s throughput, offers OpenGL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, 1080p45 H.264 High-profile encoding and decoding
- SDRAM: 2 GB DDR3 with 733 MHz (together with GPU)
- SATA: supports SATA interface
- GPIO: 40-pin header, 28x GPIO, some of them for special functions like UART, I2C, SPI,
- PWM, I2S can be used
- WLAN module: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (integrated AP 6212 module)
- Bluetooth: BT4.0
- Internal memory: MicroSD (TF) card, eMMC 8 GB integrated (option: 16/32/64 GB)
- Network interface: 10/100/1000 Ethernet (Realtek RTL8211E/D)
- Display: 4-lane MIPI DSI display, or RGB / LVDS panel, TV output on HDMI V1.4
- Audio output: HDMI, analog audio (via 3.5 mm TRRS jack), I2S audio (potentially also for video input)
- Camera: CSI interface Camera:
- supports 8-bit YUV422 CMOS sensor interface,
- supports CCIR656 protocol for NTSC and PAL,
- supports 5M pixel camera sensor,
- supports image capture resolution up to 1080p (at) 30 fps
- Audio input: integrated microphone
- Power supply: 5 V (at) 2 A via DC input
- USB: 3x USB 2.0 hosts, 1x USB 2.0 OTG
- Buttons: Reset button, Power button, U-Boot button
- LED: On/Off and RJ45
- Other: integrated IR receiver
- Battery: 3.7 V lithium battery
- Dimensions: 92 x 60 mm
- Weight: 45 g